Tips for a Happy Healthy New Year with Children
- Include your students as partners in your “special project” decision-making as much as is possible and appropriate. They will love this new role.
- Begin a classroom exercise program. Design one for each student individually and then make a few for the whole class.
- Make a special time each day to talk about daily eating. Instill in your students an understanding of natural food as a way of life and make it a goal to continue to eat nutritious foods all through the year.
- Discuss sleep schedules. Suggest that each of your students make a fixed bedtime that includes winding down time to start.
- Celebrate the holidays in new, personal, and creative ways. Set up a craft table all stocked with paper, crayons, scissors, markers, etc. to make holiday decorations for the different holidays as they come up.
January! The Month of the New Beginning