Apps are making the news by the minute. According to the Wall Street Journal, the average smartphone user downloads about 37 apps a year. In addition, 36 billion apps are expected to be down-loaded world-wide this year. Believe it or not, many apps are designed especially for new parents and parents of young children.
Take note of what they can do:
For New parents
They can help you through the first few months of parenting by helping you keep track of
* feeding, changing, and sleep cycles
* administering medications
* remembering almost anything you want to remember, even baby moods
Downside: Your memory and maternal intuition could be at-risk.
For Parents of Young Children
They can help you educate your preschooler by giving your child apps to
* learn concepts like the alphabet, colors, shapes, and counting
* have fun by listening to animated stories
* be entertained by hearing simple songs
Downside: Hands-on, interactive experiences, which are known to be most effective for learning, could be at-risk.
Moral of the story: Use your apps wisely!