Tips for a Happy Healthy New Year with Children
- Include your children as partners in your family decision-making as much as is possible and appropriate.
- Begin a family exercise program. Design one for each member individually and then make some time for a combined effort.
- Take control of daily eating. Instill in your children an understanding of natural food as a way of life and make it a goal to continue to eat nutritious foods all through the year.
- Set up sleep schedules for everyone in your family. Have a fixed bedtime for each child and be sure to include winding down time to start.
- Celebrate the holidays in new, personal, and creative ways. Set up a craft table all stocked with paper, crayons, scissors, markers, etc. to make holiday decorations for the different holidays as they come up.
January! The Month of the New Beginning